KATU interview questions, 8/28/18
- Marvin Sandnes: 73, sailor, skier, Grad of PSU, 4 kids, 4 grandkids, small business in Salem for 53 yrs., grew up in Mt. Angel and have sailed Dist. 5’s oceans, snorkeled her rivers, climbed her Mtns, picked her berries and beans, hoed her hops, active in her politics, at the Oregon Legislature.
- I’m running to encourage dialogue about our insane military murders of innocent 3rd world people for money.
- Vote for Marvin helps us make this statement about stopping the WAR.
- Outspoken, fearless, articulate, well read, and intimately know this District.
- Our trees are dying, our Ocean is dying – Cut defense spending and use those talents and resources to find solutions to the destruction of our home.
- As a minor party candidate I can speak about these un-speakable issues – so many taboos in our public dialogue.
- Abortion: I don’t like Govt. involved in a mother’s decision, and I don’t like those opposed to abortion paying their taxes for abortions. Personally, I think human life begins at conception, I don’t think that view can be impose on another.
- No tax on food, nutrition and health are RIGHTS, perhaps constitutional amendment is necessary.
- No tolls on I-5 or 205.
- Nope, Congresspeople see their responsibility as getting re-elected. We must have term limits to ensure citizen representation in D.C. and Oregon’s Legislature.
- Bipartisanship is a joke, we have 1 political party – a War Party. We need wider political representation to encourage voters participate – 38% voting in Oregon is not democratic process. Ranked Choice Voting is an excellent start.
- Political climate: We do not discuss the WAR, the destruction of the environment, the end of democratic process. Why have we abdicated all discussion to media?
- RFK, MLK, Ali, Rand Paul, Trey Gowdy, and my mother and dad – unafraid to speak out.
- I wish someone would ask about the WAR and why we’ve murdered 3 million innocent people and have created a $21 trillion debt for our great grand children.
- My mom when I was 6: “Marvin, if you tell the truth, your problem will begin to get better right away.”
- Under water in Oregon’s Ocean and rivers.
- Oregon Ducks, unless Oregon State’s having a good year – then I’m a Beaver.
- Why these questions do not ask about the WAR or the 7 countries the US is bombing this morning, or Afri-Com’s bases in Africa – “Cooperative Security Locations”? We know why: These are prohibited topics America’s media is forbidden to discuss. Disgusting!
Mr. Sandnes, I noticed you made no mention of 9/11 in the KATU interview. Was this a voluntary choice on your part, or did KATU block you from mentioning 9/11?
I heard your interview on 911 Free Fall a few weeks ago, and it sounded like candidates (e.g. Jill Stein) avoid talking about 9/11 out of fear of being smeared. Just wondering if this played a role in your not discussing 9/11 while on KATU.
Brett: Yep, no mention of 9/11, in fact, no mention of the war, the staff at KATU nervously looked around when I brought up the opium planting chart – another taboo. I have chosen to be less vocal about 9/11 in the campaign so that I’ll be given a podium to talk about the war. In 2016 our local newspaper, the “Statesman Journal” did not print a word of the District 5 Congressional race because a 9/11-awareness advocate was a candidate.
I’ve gotten resistance from the Pacific Green Party, in Oregon, and the national Green Party, but, yesterday was the deadline, I cannot be removed from the Ballot in Oregon by anyone for any reason – I cannot even withdraw.
If media allows me a podium to talk about the war, as long as I don’t mention 9/11, I’m going with it. If they censor my campaign because I talk of the war, I’ll do my 9/11 awareness schtik. It’s a dance, I’m getting crap from all sides. I’m going to try discussing the consequences without mentioning the taboo – we’ll see – developing some way to articulate the disaster without mentioning it?
We are so very few: College kids see my ae911truth.org sticker on my pc and come up to me and whisper a question about 9/11. At our Green Party National Convention in SLC last month, I was shunned, followed, ridiculed, and a 20 yr. Green vet from Calif. told me I was risking my life talking about 9/11.
We’re through the guardrail and plunging into the abyss; a few of us notice! “Solving 9/11, ends the war”. – Bollyn
Mr. Sandnes, thank you for your reply. Is there an e-mail address you can be contacted at? If possible, I would like to communicate with you directly via e-mail rather than through this website. Thank you.
A few things caught my attention during your recent interview on 911 Free Fall:
(1) A person you talked to at the Green Party convention cautioned that discussing 911 too publicly could get you killed.
(2) At the end of the program you speculated that the forces behind 911 were likely planning a bigger attack that would dwarf the casualties on Sept. 11.
I don’t understand how the CIA (and other forces behind these attacks) allow anyone to speak publicly without risk of being killed. Why are some people ‘suicided’ as the Corbett Report mentions, while others are spared? Why are people like Terrance Yeakey ‘suicided’ because he knew too much about the OKC bombing, while other people (e.g. Douglas Valentine, Jesse Ventura, Alex Jones, etc.) are not killed or muzzled. Totally puzzling to me.
Yeakey was an “expert witness”, he’d also threatened to violate the “con-code” – same reason Phillip Marshall’s kids were murdered – made an example of a CIA insider “snitching”. Opinion and speaking out is safe; they’re in the business of myth, belief, religiosity – a little “evil” serves their purpose. marvinsannes@msn..com